11 Tips collected from Rummy winners
November 14, 2016 News
Dear, Rummy lovers! we’d like to share some of the common strategies followed by our rummy winners. We spoke to them regarding this and these are some of their thoughts which they have gathered after playing the game over an extensive period of time. It could be pretty useful to our newbies.
- Set your priorities right. First, understand making a pure sequence is a top priority.
- Patience – Patience is the key to success. Do not rush through the game. Though it is important to play aggressively, it is also important to exercise restraint and play the waiting game. Rummy is all about staying calm and focused
- Concentration – This is the key to success. A slight distraction could play spoilsport and pull you down. Curb your time on additional features like chat and concentrate on the game. Avoid outside distractions like music, television while playing rummy.
- Always keep a watch on the other player’s card. Keep track of cards they pick and discard so that you will get a good idea of the sets/sequences they are trying to meld. Also, this way allows you to take a decision to retain or discard a particular card.
- Try to get rid of cards with higher points. This is to ensure you lose with minimal points should the opponents declare before you.
- Remember to play smartly. Do not get fixated on making a particular suit. For eg, 5 of any suit can be put together with 3 & 4 of the same suit and can also be melded with of the same suit. Do not ignore any of those till you make a perfect run.
- Jokers are trump cards while playing rummy. Joker is an easy way to meld your cards into sets and sequences. It is considered as a jackpot in the game of Rummy. If you have a pure sequence and a joker too, you should try to use that joker to make the second sequence by using that Joker as the idea is to meld all the hand cards into sets/sequence quickly
- Do not keep waiting for one card endlessly. Re-evaluate your strategies.
- Do not retain cards for too long. Discard the cards when you find them of no use.
- Arrange the cards in alternate colors as it will avoid confusion while discarding the cards.
- Most importantly, do not lose heart. You may lose a few games in the beginning. It’s in your hands to make sure those losses aren’t curtailing you in any way or any form. Play the game cleanly and follow these strategies. Your glorious days are not too far ahead.