5 common Rummy Triggers
February 18, 2017 News
Online rummy is a wonderful game which blends your skills and ability to bluff. You can be a successful rummy player only when your rummy skills and your ability to read people go hand in glove. When you play offline rummy, you will realize if you are being bluffed by reading the facial reactions and by feeling the vibes. But while playing online rummy, you do not get to see the facial reactions or even feel the vibes. However, there are some trigger warnings that may come to your aid while playing online rummy.
A successful rummy player would always admit that these trigger warnings had been definitely useful. In this article we shall examine the common triggers that you may encounter during a rummy game;
- An increase in the Game Tempo: After the hand cards are dealt, players normally take some time to make a move. They will have to sort their hand cards and formulate a strategy. But if you see a player quickly making a move as soon as the cards are dealt, you can assume that the player might have a very good hand. He would be trying to get rid of the remaining useless cards in a hurry and can declare at any moment. There is also a possibility that your opponent is simply playing on your emotions. You never know this might even be bait by the player. Watch him for a couple of rounds, if he appears to hasten the finish then you can drop out of the game to save points. This is one of the foremost triggers to watch out when playing online rummy.
- Dropping a card with an agenda – As we have mentioned many times, you must keep track of the cards your opponent is picking/discarding. If you do it, you will have a clear idea about the cards your opponent is holding. Some players would throw a card as a bait to know about the sets/sequences you’re trying to make. So, if you see a player throwing a card required by you on more than one occasion, he is hoodwinking you. Unfortunately, many players fall for this trap unassumingly and lose the game with high points.
- Slowing Down: If you see a player slowing down in the middle of a game then you can assume that he is on the verge of completing the objective. Delaying in between the rounds can be assumed as a telling sign especially on occasion where the player had been faster in the previous rounds. Smart players would drop the high-value cards (A, J, K, Q) on these kinds of situations. These are situations where you must exercise restraint and follow your intuitions.
- Chat Triggers: If you see players discussing too much about the strategy in the middle of the game, then you can assume they are buying time to formulate a strategy or even trying to bait you. You must refrain from giving away too much information on such occasions. Other times, some players might discuss some frivolous things to divert your concentration. Use this as a trigger alert and don’t fall into their trap!
- Calm before storm: Some players might follow this tactic of remaining silent as they don’t want to give away that they have a very good starting hand. So, they might intentionally stay calm in the beginning and explode during the subsequent rounds. Unfortunately, there is nothing you can do about it as trying to outsmart them often proves to be a futile exercise. The best thing to do on such occasions is to fold your cards and save the points.Online rummy is a wonderful game which blends your skills and ability to bluff. You can be a successful rummy player only when your rummy skills and your ability to read people go hand in glove. When you play offline rummy, you can realize whether you are bluffed by reading the facial reactions and by feeling the vibes. But while playing online rummy, it is difficult as you do not get to see the facial reactions or even feel the vibes. The surprising aspect, however, is there are some trigger warnings that may come to your aid while playing online rummy.
Whenever you ask a successful player, he would admit that these trigger warnings had been definitely useful. In this article we shall examine the common triggers that you may encounter during a rummy game and how to make a winning hand using this;