How to cope up with losses in a rummy game?
November 11, 2016 News
Isn’t it an obvious fact that every sport has a winner and a loser? As expected, the winner goes through various emotions from ecstasy to tears of joy. Similarly, the losers experience varying emotions ranging from being distraught, angry to a deep sense of disappointment which disenfranchises them from playing the sport again. Pragmatically speaking, we must strike a balance to control our emotions. We must be cautious not to over-celebrate when we win – At the same time we must not drown in a pool of misery for our loss. Winning and losing is a part of any sport. Rummy is no exception to it. It is important to treat game as a game
We have seen some players frustrated and leave the game altogether after a few losses. This is the primary reason we keep emphasizing our new registrants to spend enough time at the practice tables before heading to cash games.
Failures are the stepping stones of success. You shouldn’t allow a loss to deter your quest in achieving your dreams.
True to the saying practice makes a man perfect. We suggest all our players play the practice rummy games in our lobby as soon as they register. DeccanRummy offers 10000 practice chips after your register with us. You can use those 10000 chips to play and get a good grasp of the game. Login to your account and click on practice tab and pick any variant of the rummy game, that you want to try for practice.
- Login to your account with your user ID and password
- Under Lobby, the player needs to click on Practice tab where he can find 3 options namely 13 Cards Points Rummy, 13 Cards Deals Rummy and 13 cards Pool Rummy respectively
- Players can pay the entry fee in the number of chips and participate in the tournament
- If the player wins the game, additional practice chips would be added to his account.
Some of these general instructions might be helpful so that the losses you could incur don’t cause much damage. Of course, we are not going to ask to put an ostensible cheerfulness concealing your sadness. We know how painful it is lose a game. Following the below tips might help you recover sooner than later from a loss.
- Treat game as game. Do not develop an addiction or obsession over it.
- Strike a balance in your personal life so that you do not spend too much time here.
- Schedule your activities properly and allot time to play rummy only during spare time
- Remember rummy is a form of entertainment similar to your hobby. Do not think of it as a main source of income
- Do not continue playing if you are on a losing free on a particular day. Take a break and come back fresh.
- Fix a limit for a loss. Do not keep playing blindly exceeding the set limit. Rummy stalwarts who have mastered the game take a call at the right time on when to stop.
While we understand the pain of loss, players can draw solace from some of the benefits that they derive intrinsically by playing rummy.
Your ability to remain focussed on the game will determine your chances of winning/losing. You will be surprised to note that your concentration level have increased drastically.
Rummy is a game where decision making plays a vital role. The decision to drop a card can eventually turn a course of the game. With sufficient practice, you would master the technique behind what cards to hold or what to discard.
On your toes
The game of Rummy involves lots of critical analysis and drawing patterns. You must be on your toes at every moment in the game. Lethargic attitude or any complacency would instantly cost you the game. You must carefully follow your opponent’s moves at every instance and think twice before discarding/picking up a card
Rummy will teach you how to be diligent all the time. Ask any prolific rummy player their secret of success, the instant answer would be about how diligent they were.
Rummy is a fairly simple game but that doesn’t discount the fact it could make a dent in your pocket if played wildly. Like we mentioned, it is all in the player’s hands to play responsibly.