In every rummy game, all the players are dealt 13 cards. The objective of a 13 card rummy game is to arrange these 13 cards into sets and sequences. Players normally arrange their cards into four groups of 3, 3, 3 and 4 cards. This group of cards can be sets or sequences. This process of grouping cards into sets and sequences is Melding. After the player melds these groups, he/she must submit the cards for validation. The process of submitting cards for validation is called rummy show. Just like other rules of this game, there are certain rules for showing. In this article, we will deal with rummy show rules.
How to finish the game?
- Once you complete the objective of combining cards into sets and sequences, you must follow the steps given below for a show.
- Click on the finish card and select the ‘Finish’ button at the bottom
- Confirm if you want to declare by clicking the “Yes” button
- Arrange your cards and click on declare
Rummy Show Rules
In order to make a successful show, a player must have 2 sequences at least within which one of it must be a pure sequence.
Example of a correct rummy show (If J is the joker)
K♠ Q♠ J♠, 2 ♥ 3 ♥ 4 ♥ 5, 8♣ J♣ 10♣, 6♦ 6♣ 6♥
Examples of wrong rummy shows
- A set can have a maximum of 4 cards. Each card must be of the same rank but with a different suit. A set can’t have more than one card of a similar suit. Most of the games hosted at online rummy sites use more than 1 deck of cards where you cannot make a set with two identical cards of the same suit.
Eg: 6♦ 6♣ 6♥ 6♥ is an invalid set as 6♥ is repeated twice
- A rummy show without a pure sequence and a sequence is invalid as pure sequence is mandatory.
Rummy show rules are very easy in theory but it takes a lot of practice to get it in perfection. The crux of the Rummy game however, is the rules. Hence the players must focus on getting the main rummy rules into their heads; the rest will follow suit anyway. If you have any doubts on rummy show rules, do not hesitate to leave a comment below this article. Alternatively, you can also email us at email@example.com.